Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 9 # 21 Podcasts

Podcasting should be done very early in the morning. Anytime between 5 and 7 am is much preferable to "normal hours" when everyone else is online. The Education Podcast Network gave me some spectacular results this morning. I have already sent emails to teachers alerting them to" This Week in Science" and the many tech skills topics available (60) .

The link to Podcast.net is no longer working, and Tech Savvy Girlz Podcasts opens, but doesn't seem to go anywhere, perhaps because it was later in the afternoon when I got there. The time factor, did not seem to affect Education Podcast Network on a second visit, nor Teacher Created Materials: Podcasts. Now that I know more about podcasts and how to locate them, can I justify the expense of a mobile "device" with which to carry them around? Somehow, I think I'd hate to give up my airplane reading time for Podcast listening time....I seem to have so little time to read.

2 comments:

  1. I find it really amazing to think about the amount of information and learning that we have available at the tip of our fingers. When you think that in the early to middle 20th Century it would have cost thousands of dollars to get access to what you can get for free now....One of my friends was complaining about the speed of things now.....Reminded me of a book I read when I was in middle school. Future Shock by Alvin Tofler. His premise was that the increasing speed of information would create increasing coginative dissonance - Which is true for many of the digital immigrants but does not seem to be an issue for our digital natives. They have been immersed in the speed of information since birth.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog gave me some ideas about websites and RSS feeds to add to my iGoogle : ) Thanks

    Ann Ibele

    ReplyDelete