Friday, November 20, 2009

Week 8 # 19 Library thing

What a nice tool for small libraries. I'm not about to start adding all 5,000 titles in my small school library, but the Church library is only about 10 shelves, and that would be "do able". In this format, it would also be attractive to the younger generation, perhaps they would even help. We won't have many fancy covers, though. so it mught look as dry and dusty online as it does "onshelf".

As for my personal collection, maybe its a good way to remind myself of what I have, and serve an an impetus to organize better. No, those stacks, ARE organized, just not according to Dewey.


1 comment:

  1. :-) I know it is heresy of the first order but Dewey just isn't always the right tool..... Library thing is a lot of fun. I like being able to create and read reviews and I have gotten some great ides for other things to read.

    You can scan and upload your own covers as well.

    Martina has entered over 400 professional books from the Lang. Arts collection and she is now advertising so that the books actually get used and people can let her know which ones can go because they arent' useful anymore.

    I will be keeping ab eye out to see how that goes.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete