Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 5 thing #2

This post actually went out as an email, and as I become more familiar with the mechanics of the blog, I realize I need to put it here. too.

My challenge/problem mindset needs a major overhaul. Especially with things computer related and MY steep learning curve. Looking back at where I was when I first started this job 10 years ago...."You've come a long way , Baby!" The tech guy had to show me how to email.
Whenever frustration sets in, I try to remember all I've learned so far. Then find a person or class to help me out. Thanks, Ann, Jacque, Larry, Hilary, Eugene and all the others , you know who you are.

The other habits are pretty well ingrained. Lifelong learning is the spice of life, and there are so many directions to go, and it's all so INTERESTING. Fun to share with others, tool Focus is often a "challenge" as well because I tend to have too many things going at once.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think we all get stuck in the bad attitude trap....I often have to give myself a severe yank sidewise to get myself out of the rut....I think it was Gary Hartzell who said - don't mistake the edge of the rut you are in for the horizon - Like you I take classes and make myself step out and expose myself to new things. Then I have to get beyond the "but that not going to work because....." and then I get on the right track. It isn't easy and it gets harder as I get older. My friends all have permission to whack me upside the head when I get stuck in the rut.... that's what friends are for, right?

    Keep on plugging away - this class is all about stretching your boundaries and giving yourself permission to struggle with it a bit.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete