Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 4 Things #5,6,7 Flickr, Mashups and Post

5. Having fun exploring with Flickr, and Mappr. It's great to search places you've been and see how others got new shots of the place. I also like to look up new places and see other's pictures. Do I want to go there? This would be a fun way to document a trip as well as share photos with others you've befriended while there.

6. Has anyone seen the science fiction mashup? It's a pile of book/magazine covers sorted horizontally by date and vertically by color...and our patrons think Dewey is complicated!
I love it, it rather resembles the floor of a teenager's room at any given point in time, minus the pizza boxes, sneakers and sweats.


7. I downloaded several of our photos from a recent trip to Portland and the Oregon Gardens, and sent them to my mother. This is the second digital camera that I've owned. My tecchie daughter worked at Best Buy and convinced me to get the first one, a small simple Cannon Powershot S 500 that was very easy to use. When we took a trip to the Amazon I had no qualms about buying a more elaborate one. We settled on a Cannon SX110. The larger lens and zoom and movie capabilities are great, but there's a lot to the convenience of the small camera, too. I get the photo if the camera is handy, in purse or pocket. Not worrying about the cost of film also frees me to shoot away and possibly get that great picture I would have otherwise missed. Batteries are now the greatest limitation.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how the world has changed from even 10 years ago. Now I have 2 digital cameras - one in my iphone and the Cannon - Who'd a thunk it???

    Ann

    Great Picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete